Monday, April 18, 2005

What a week

Greetings everyone,

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster for the last month or so with the most ups and downs in the last 10 days. I'm so glad I got to go down and visit Cheryl and Bruce during spring break. We had a good time and Bruce was even up to playing games a couple of times. We had a great time visiting and making plans for a trip on the Grand Canyon Railroad. Bruce wanted Dad and I to go there with him and Cheryl and Ellen and Bob, Bruce's sister and husband. Someday we'll have to take Cheryl on that trip, just for Bruce.

When I first got the call that Bruce was gone I figured I would fly down for the funeral. Then I got to thinking about it and decided that I needed Daddy with me and they didn't need to chauffeur me around. I'm so glad that we drove down and that Clarissa and Emily were able to go with us.

The music for the funeral was beautiful. Speedy arranged "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" as a violin duet for him and Sid to play. Ben, Jen's husband, read the eulogy, which he and Cheryl and I finished putting together at 1:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. It included a letter from Karen, who is in Iraq. I'll be sending a copy to each of you as soon as I get it from Cheryl. It is very sweet and between that and Tawnia's song I had a difficult time giving the closing prayer.

Rather than getting cut flowers for the funeral we decided to buy Cheryl some plants she could put in her yard. She told me about this tree she really wanted so Jean and I went and took pictures of it, then took them to a nursery so we could get her tree. We didn't get it because we couldn't figure out how to transport it and I wasn't very impressed with the nurseryman. It's a good thing because it was the wrong tree. Sarah thought she knew the one her mom wanted but she didn't. We ended up finally figuring out what kind of tree it was and giving Cheryl the money so she can get it herself. We got her lots of other plants and Marli helped us make them beautiful, by wrapping the pots in florist paper and arranging them at the front of the church. I hope as Cheryl plants them around her home she will think of how much we love her.

Of course, before the funeral we had Tim's wedding so we saw family up in Washington and had a fun day up there. Everyone is getting excited about next summer's reunion. It will be at Sid's place. I'm not certain how long it will last, but be prepared for a wonderful time. Please take your input as to dates, activities or anything else about the reunion, directly to Max or Chet or both. They are the ones in charge. You should have their email addresses from the family ones I sent to all of you.

Now maybe my life will settle down a little and I can get busy with my webpage as well as other things around here.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: