Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Mindy and Jason

Jason and I are doing okay. He's been dealing with a sinus infection for the past month, and I just got sick the other day. Blah. But we got a new vaccuum yesterday, which will get lots of dust out of the carpets, and we can set it up so it can get a lot of dust out of the air too. Hopefully that will help a lot.

Barry is moved out, mostly, and Mike and Barrett moved in. They have much less stuff, so this is VERY good. Mike was only going to stay for a little while, but things didn't work out with the job he had, so he might stay for a while longer. Barrett was also only going to stay a month or two, but with the Japan trip coming up in June (he's the reason Jason gets to go), then I'm guessing that he'll stick around at least until then. We wouldn't want to be moving and saving up money at the same time. And I don't mind. We've been having fun rearranging the basement anyway (we both like change).

My paperwork is at least in processing, and now it's just a matter of waiting for things to happen. I've done everything I can do, so I wait some more. I sent off the papers for a work permit, and should hear back from them next month. And then, at least, I can start working and have something to do and help with money. Now that the end is in view, I'm really going to miss having all this time to myself! Ah well. It's time for a change!

Dad taught me to drive .. first in the Stake Center parking lot, and the second time was a drive home from Dayton. He let me drive home from the Stake Center after that, but along all the back roads through Yamhill and Carlton and stuff. I later drove with Mom a lot (to and from work) .. and then I got my license the day before my 20th birthday. It was perfect timing! Aside from being able to drive myself to and from work while Mom and Dad were on vacation, I was able to go to the movies with Emily on my birthday (Pirates, yippee!). I had to drive Clarissa to her mutual activites up in Yamhill, and then over to Newberg and I can't remember the other little place .. 15 minutes past, along the one side road (??) .. for my cleaning job (I cleaned out the banks, hee hee). And when Tawnia was talking to Bethany for endless hours after church, I got to drive her car home, and Bethany would drive Tawnia home. I liked having my license, and I equate driving with beautiful bright sunny days, and warmth and freedom. I had to drive in the rain once, at night, and I hated it. Blah. And I haven't driven since I've been married, since we don't really have a working car, and it's a stick-shift anyway. I'm not going to look forward to driving in the snow and ice, but that will happen eventually, I'm sure. I'll try and get Jason to post about his driving stories, because I'm sure he'd have lots. I think he learned how to drive on ice on the frozen pond on the farm ... I don't remember though.

No comments: