Saturday, April 23, 2005

I had a bad day.

Friday morning was Brooke's field day. (No, that wasn't the bad part.) I was working days this week for a special training class, so Michelle took Bryan to watch. Bryan did not want to watch, and spent the morning wreaking his own brand of havoc. The amazing part is that that was also not the bad part. I got laid off. Tax season is over, so call volume has dropped, so the temps were the first to go. In the beginning it was a "temp to hire", but they just never got around to the "hire" part. About an hour after I got home, Brooke fell out of a window and got a concussion. She fell about a foot and a half, and landed on the concrete patio. Michelle took her to the emergency room while I cleaned up and got Bryan ready for bed. She got a cat scan and everything's fine, but it was a scare. We're hopeful that I'll be able to get back to work quickly, because one of Fidelity's vice presidents is in our ward (Fidelity is one of Ameritrade's top competitors). I've also got a couple of other prospective leads, and of course still have full access to DeVry's career services. Of course any support and prayers you can offer will be most welcome.

No comments: