Thursday, April 07, 2005

GOOD NEWS!

I finally recieved a letter in the mail today, saying that my immigration application is in processing. Jason has been approved to be my sponsor, and I "meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status." I haven't been officially approved yet, instead I have to send a set of fingerprints to the FBI. Apparently the Oregon State Police saying that I don't have a crimal record isn't enough. Blah, but I'll do what I have to do. I've also gotten to go ahead to apply for a work permit! This is good! It'll take a month or two to get it and start working, but I think this will be faster than waiting for my residency to come through. So this means I can get a job, and work, and earn money .. but I still don't know when I can leave the country. Soon, hopefully.

No comments: