Thursday, April 28, 2005

Chores

Hello, family.

Which chores did I do somewhat willingly? Let's see. This isn't easy. Were there any I liked? Setting the table was okay, and wiping off the counters was better than washing dishes. Sorting laundry was fine, but usually someone would get someone else's clothes. The best way to get the clothes sorted, I might add, is not to hide them in the back bedroom but to dump them on the couch. We also usually watched TV while sorting clothes. I hate vacuuming and ironing, and I only occasionally make my bed. My room has what might be considered organized clutter. I remember when we were kids, we would bulldozer all our toys and clothes and books into one huge pile and start putting them away. Of course, this took three times longer than it should, because we would read the books, play with the toys, and we'd dump the clothes into the hamper (only to be scolded because we were washing the clean laundry we had not put away the week before). Sometimes we would pretend that a flood was coming (I distinctly remember that it was often a flood of chocolate syrup that would creep down the hill and across the yard.) We had to pick up everything before the flood reached our house or everything would be ruined. These days, I cook dinner twice a week and I'm often the one who washes the dishes. Or Dad does them. But right now our kitchen sink is broken.

And in the life of Emily -- I got a B on my math test even though the batteries in my graphing calculator died, I have history and geology midterms -- not that I'm worried since I aced the history midterm last semester, and I expect to do as well on this one, and the geology midterm is take-home, open-note, open-sibling. (I put more details on the BBC Blog for those who read that.)

For my writing class, I wrote a descriptive essay on everything on my dresser, including half a dozen penguins and a picture of Brooke and Bryan (by the way, Jared, a wallet size will be fine) and my quarter collection. I mentioned that I was missing Pennsylvania, so when I got the essay back, there was a Pennsylvania state quarter taped to it -- a gift from my teacher. And I got an A on the essay.

That's all for now.
Emily

No comments: