Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mom and Dad's adventures

First of all, Eric, we need you to resolve something. If the baby is a girl, I say Allison and Mom says Alyson. Which spelling? I need to know these things.

I just took a couple of minutes to read Mom and Dad's question pages, and I'm cracking up. I already knew both stories from Dad's "adventures" - the first time I heard about the gas explosion lifting the door off the ground was when we were in Texas for Jared and Michelle's wedding. We were at Mikki's house talking with Jamie and everyone between the sealing and reception (I think), and that story made me laugh very hard. I love the pictures. Those are some heirlooms I want eventually - Dad's motorcycle pictures (and the Shirley Temple pictures, but Dad already knows that).

I also remember when we drove around Mt. St. Helens, like Mom noted. We didn't see a darn thing - just lots of trees and drop-offs on a narrow logging road in the 15-passenger van. Yikes! It took us more than 8 hours to get to Uncle Max's house instead of 3, and Eric and Jared and I sang "Dare to be Stupid" (applicable, don't ya think?) and other random Weird Al songs in the back, as well as the whole thing of 99 bottles of pop on the wall.

AND I hope that Dad plays "the Spider and the Fly" on the piano for my kids, and for Brooke and Bryan and Stephen/Allison/Alyson. I still think it's funny.

I enjoyed every minute of Conference - ALL of the talks were fabulous. I'm actually surprised that I can pick a favorite from the whole weekend ... but we had that phenomenal one-two punch from President Monson on Saturday morning and President Faust on Sunday morning. President Monson talked about complacency, and how Satan will carefully lead us to "All is well in Zion" and false security. A most needed talk for the "Saints" in the DC area. Then President Faust talked about holiness, and making our lives more holy. The first led right into the second - fantastic. In a conference of amazing talks, President Faust's talk was definitely the best.

1 comment:

Mindy Sebastian said...

You don't get ALL of Dad's motorcylce pictures! I want some too!