Thursday, April 28, 2005

It's a boy!

Our friends Sarah and Taylor were expecting a girl and were surprised with a boy on Tuesday. The doctors said the umbilical cord was in the way during the ultrasound so they couldn't tell ... I don't think that was ALL cord. (HA!) When I got the group gift for the baby shower, we went with light blue for the baby carrier, and Adam and I got them a really nice diaper bag ... which is also light blue. Good thing! We visited them at the hospital last night and I held Baby Ethan the whole time we were there. He's very cute.

Happy birthday, Manda - I'm planning to call on Sunday to say Hi.

Mom's question - I don't know how revealing asking us about the chores is, Mom. I mean, which ones did we do semi-willingly, and which ones did we avoid like the plague. Question answered. And in our house, I understood it that everyone was responsible for everything. We took turns, but there was no such thing as "the boys do this and the girls do that." Now that I look back, chores weren't bad. We weren't asked to do a whole lot, really. If there was one thing I really disliked, it was washing dishes by hand - the big pots and pans that didn't fit in the dishwasher. Now I have to wash EVERYTHING by hand, and it must be done immediately or we get bugs in the kitchen. This is my first apartment ever with no dishwasher. The dream house I have built in my head does have wonderful things like a kitchen bay window for a little herb garden and a big library. I will settle for a dishwasher, a washer and dryer, and a driveway.

In other news ... Adam has gotten all the clearances to graduate in December, so full speed ahead on that. We just signed another 12-month lease for our current apartment, so we'll be there for at least 2 full years now. And we're getting our plans for our Florida excursion more solid. Looks like we'll leave on Monday the 16th and be back Tuesday the 24th, with 2 days at Disney World compliments of Adam's friend Jill who works there. I'm more excited for that than I am about Clara's wedding. (Shame on me. But I so need a brain break, it's not even funny.)

No comments: