Monday, April 18, 2005

The Adventures of Tawn-de-juan

So I realize I haven't posted in a couple weeks, but life has been pretty crazy.

A week and a half ago, Weds, April 6th... I was sitting in my car talking to Mom on the phone. She was annoyed that I still hadn't been contacted for a job interview at The Ranches. Unbeknownst to her, I was awaiting an interview with a different school. I guess the interview went well, because I was offered a position within 13 hours of leaving the interview. I accepted the job on the following Saturday. I will be teaching fourth grade at a new charter school in Springville, UT. I'm excited, scared, nervous, overwhelmed... and extremely happy. It will be an adventure, that's for sure. The adventure starts on this Wednesday when I go to an open house and meet the parents and kids.

On that Friday I took my final in Anatomy. I was finally able to learn my grade while I was in Cali. I got a B+ on the final and that was what my final grade came out as, as well. I was pretty pleased, since this was a very difficult class.

Then I took a week off of work and went to California. I think Emily summed up that adventure on the BBC blog.... so I will just say that it was awesome singing and being accompanied by Uncle Speedy and Sid. (They both played violin.) It was wonderful to see family. It made me very excited for the next family reunion. And seeing Grandma was great. I can't remember the last time I saw her. Oh, and the ocean was wonderful, and I liked the Chinese and the steak, and the mexican food that I was fed at different times along the way. I also liked feeding Skeeter out of my hand. And I loved holding baby Ben while he slept. And I had two wonderful hosts (Thanks Eric and Laurel!)

I would write more, but the space bar on this keyboard doesn't work very well and it's starting to get on my nerves.
Love- Tawn-de-juan

No comments: