Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Life: A Precious Commodity

So I haven't posted in awhile. Sorry, 'bout that... life has been busy. Friday evening I was able to have a small reunion of my freshmen year roommates (okay, so there were 3 out of 6 of us there... but Kristine and Tami hadn't seen each other in about 6 years.) That was supposed to happen at 5:30 p.m. and didn't end up happening until 10 p.m. Then around 11 p.m. Shawna Webb arrived to take Amy and I to SLC to spend the night... we didn't end up leaving Provo until about 1 a.m.... so I didn't get much sleep that night.

Saturday was glorious. I have been in the same room as the prophet before but for some reason this time was extra special. I have no doubt that Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God. The first session of conference was definitely my favorite, and President Monson's talk was my favorite talk. After that session I was able to briefly see a couple of friends... we randomly ran into Holly Vigil, and then I purposely crossed paths with my friend Lisa Meyers. Then we drove back to Provo, arriving shortly after the start of the afternoon session. I sustained the prophet in the car on I-15.

Sunday I stayed home and watched both sessions with my roommates. In between I went to a potluck at one of the guys apartments. That afternoon we got a phone call and found out that our Bishop's wife had passed away on Saturday. It wasn't completely unexpected, but it was still a bit of a shock. She learned she had cancer in November, but we thought she was doing well. Her funeral was today and so I took off from work early (10 a.m.) and went to the funeral. Afterwards I went home instead of going back to work. I think that reading Mom's e-mail and then going to the funeral was pretty draining emotionally for one day.

I will be taking my Anat final some time this week. Probably on Thursday night or Friday afternoon. So pray that I do well. I would really really really like to pass this class.

Okay, I'll comment on other people's messages later, I do have to run.
Love,
Tawnia

No comments: