Monday, February 14, 2005

From Emily

Dear family,

It's been somewhat of a busy week for me. On Thursday, we had our midterm for history. I spent most of Wednesday studying for the said midterm, including preparing possible essays, memorizing dates, and drawing a large invisible map -- it was about the size of the family room by the time we were finished; at least I think it was. Do you know how hard it is to keep the scale consistent when you're drawing in the air? We were pointing at different points and saying what was there; it was really crazy when Clarissa started climbing on the furniture to reach Iceland. Apparently this mode of study, though perhaps unorthodox, worked because I was the first to get ten points on the map. I aced it. Our teacher said that most of the students in his other class bombed the map section, and they spent so much time staring at that, that they didn't have time to finish the essays. I'll have to see how I did on those.

Emily

No comments: