Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Another trip to Redlands

Laurel and I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning in Redlands with Cheryl and Bruce's family. We headed over in the evening, after priesthood leadership meeting (it was our Stake Conference weekend), and went to the movies with Gary and Sarah.

We spent the night at Cheryl's, and Gary, Cheryl, Laurel, and I went to see Bruce at the hospital late Sunday morning. We spent a few hours there. I think we wore him out by the time we left. He's in quite a bit of pain. It comes and goes and he doesn't talk about it much, but you can tell.

While we were there, some Priests and an advisor from their ward came by to give Bruce the sacrament. He was very appreciative, as we all were. It was a special moment.

We had lunch back at the house, and Laurel and I left after the Superbowl started. We went right over to Rachel and Loren's and stayed there until late.

By the way, Uncle Gary called Cheryl while we were there, and I guess he's moving to Arizona soon. He said he'd stop by to see Bruce on his way. Cousin Debbie was on the phone with Cheryl when we left, but I don't know what they talked about.

I'll have some pictures up soon.

Love,
Eric

No comments: