Monday, October 01, 2007

time to make your predictions

The doctor this morning said that she expects the baby to come early - certainly well before the 27th, and possibly in the next week or 2. I checked my journal for my dilated/effaced status with Summer, and I'm about at the same point now that I was 2 weeks before Summer was born. That's not to say that this will take 2 weeks, because I'm on my feet a lot more now instead of sitting at a desk all day at work. Or it could take 3 weeks - I'm still technically 4 weeks out from the due date. Don't know ... But since the doctor is saying "early," it's apparently time to make any predictions on date and size. Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure for more accurate guessing, the doctor says that the baby will likely be in the 6 pound range - on the small side. Summer was 6-9.

10 comments:

Mandapanda said...

My prediction is Friday, October 12, 6 pounds 4 ounces. I also am going to guess that the baby is a girl. I hope she is working on her Christmas gift to Stevie. That's kind of a lot of pressure, don't you think? I mean, she comes out, and you're like, "Hey Rosemary - 74 days til Christmas - what are you getting Stevie?" She's had awhile to plan, though, so she should be ok.

Mindy Sebastian said...

Well even if she gets there early, I'm still going to be there on the 29th! I hope you find lots of people to help in the meantime, and that I will still be a help when I get there. So, my guess will be the 16th (I really hope NOT the 18th, I don't want her to be cursed!), and that she'll be 6 pounds 5 ounces.

Frank and Evelyn said...

My guess is this Saturday during General Conference. That's October 6th, and she'll weigh 5 pounds 13 ounces.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Frank said it will be Columbus Day, October 8 after General Conference. The weigh will be 6 pounds even. I was hoping for Oct 26 at 10 26 am.

Skippy said...

Monday, October 15. 6 pounds 2 ounces. Good luck.

Emily said...

I predict your water will break tonight, and she'll be born October 3, 6 pounds, 6 ounces.

Eric said...

Wednesday, October 24. 6 lbs 10 oz

Not as far out as Mom's, but I'm thinking you're going a little longer. By the way, no "re-guessing" after your guess has passed kids. I want to win this thing. Wait, what do we win?

tawngap said...

I predict that she will be born on October 17th and weigh 6 pounds 2 ounces. And She'll be a girl named Rosemary. =) Though be careful, Emily has a way of being correct on these things.

Mandapanda said...

We just looked back on the blog and Emily was only off by 36 MINUTES on guessing when Joshua was born, so we will be waiting for a call tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

My prediction is October 8 at 11:52 pm, 5 lbs 11 oz.