Sunday, October 07, 2007

Michelle's post

Hi family. I wanted to answer Trina's question about books for Brooke and Bryan. Brooke reading skill are really advanced. She definately reads about a 2nd grade level. Chapter books are great. She is telling me that she likes scary books, too. Really any books geared toward 8-10 year old will be good. Bryan is beginning to read. Beginner reader books are wonderful. He also likes story books for us to read to him. Really they just like books. It is probably best to stear clear of board books. They consider them for babies.

The kids are doing great. This week, I went to parent-teacher conference for both of them. Brooke's teacher really had praise for Brooke. She said Brooke was really sweet, excited about every thing they do, and a hard work. Her behavior is excellent. She is nice to every one and is very friendly. Grade? All As! Bryan is also doing well. He is reading, loves math, and is a very fast learner. She said that he is always smiling. She did say that he is very young and is having a little trouble with focus and concentation. I am very proud of my children.

I'm doing great. Still keeping busy. Just now, I actually can clean the house and go to the store without the kids. This is much more effecient. Having school age children is great. I'm loving life.

Hope of of you are doing great!

No comments: