Saturday, October 06, 2007

General Conference

I didn't get to see the last half of the Saturday afternoon session, but I saw all of Saturday morning, and the first three talks of the afternoon. I won't be able to see any of it tomorrow, but I'm going to try to get the broadcast over the internet afterwards. (Hope this works.)

My favorite talk so far was Elder Uchtdorf, when he talked about enduring joyfully to the end. I needed to hear that. Being a college student gives a whole new meaning to the term endure to the end. And I was weeping during the hymn sung right after that: "Where Can I Turn for Peace?"

And then there was Elder Wirthlin's talk about charity. How many of you SAW what happened? He was in the middle of his talk, and he started shaking and was short of breath, and then Elder Nelson came and stood behind him and held him while he finished his talk. I could hardly understand his words, but I just looked and thought, that is the meaning of charity.

I hope you have a good weekend, and I hope I'll be able to hear the conference talks before too long.

No comments: