Tuesday, April 03, 2007

where did everyone go?

We've had some serious lag time in posts in the last couple of months, and nothing at all from about half of us. What gives?

We enjoyed Conference. Adam missed everything on Saturday because he had to be at school to help judge a high school moot court tournament. I watched those sessions at home on the internet. We went to our bishop's house on Sunday - he has satellite TV. I didn't really have a favorite talk, but I felt that the Brethren were even more blunt than they usually are. No softening things at all - very firm tone, and just saying things straight out. Whew!! Lots of things to go back over in my notes and do some self-evaluating.

To answer Emily's question, my special memory of the Tabernacle was that I was there at the session when President Hinckley introduced the Proclamation on the Family. If Eric still has the letters I wrote to him on his mission, my immediate reaction is in there. I wrote to him about it the next day - I remember sitting on Temple Square writing that letter. (Eric, if you have those letters, I'd be interested in seeing them.)

Thanks for the pictures of Joshua - very cute!! And a redhead!! After 4 blonds, we get a redhead. Cool. Before I saw the pictures, I was happy that Joshua is here finally, but mostly I was relieved for Amanda that it was over. Now I'm REALLY relieved for Amanda. No wonder she had trouble - look at the size of his head!! And I suspect that Amanda will have similar thoughts to mine over the next few weeks - no matter how uncomfortable the healing process is (and it gets pretty bad some days), NOTHING will ever be as bad as the actual birth. Good luck with the next phase, Amanda, and if you need to whine about it, call me. It's still a pretty fresh memory for me so I'm very sympathetic ... and now I'm getting ready to do it again. Oh boy.

No comments: