Friday, April 27, 2007

Caudle update

April was a big month for Summer. She finally has one tooth that has cut through, but everything else is still just sitting there. Fun fun fun for us. She's walking more - going back and forth between people for 4 or 5 steps at a time, but then she'll sit down when she's done with that game. She still doesn't let go of furniture when she's working her way around the room. She's also a lot faster with her crawling, and is up on her hands and knees now. She still does the commando belly crawl quite a bit, particularly when she can't get good traction on the hardwood floor. The only actual word she has said so far is "Mommy," and a couple of things that sound like baby and help and up. But I'm not convinced that she connects it all together yet so we have no "official" first word.

We're working on planning her birthday party. It will be Sat. May 19 (scheduling hassles on the 12th, so we moved it) and it will be a pool party with a baby pool. I'm excited for it - it will be darn cute!! Depending on how many pictures we take (and I plan to just keep shooting the whole time), I will probably have Mindy do a whole page of pictures on the website for the party, instead of just emailing a few.

The new baby is doing well. I had another brief ultrasound at my 2nd appointment earlier this week, which I was not expecting. We saw the baby kick in a very similar way that Summer does when she's being obnoxious during a diaper change. Excellent. Another one. The "girl or boy" ultrasound is scheduled for June 15. I was thinking at first that this would be another girl, but now I'm not entirely convinced. A couple of close friends think it's a boy. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow, so here we go with the 2nd trimester. The 1st was bad with extreme tiredness for about 2 months - this week has been a definite upswing in my energy level. Hooray! I had to start wearing maternity pants about a week ago. They're still very loose, but my regular pants were long gone. Regular shirts and skirts are still fine, and I'm not showing yet. But no more jeans.

Adam's first final is Tuesday, so he's been studying a lot. I've been busy with various projects here and there. A whole lot of things had been pushed off while I was so tired all the time, so I've been getting caught up this week.

No comments: