Sunday, April 22, 2007

An update from Eric

I know, it's very late. But I took a three-hour nap today after the NICU reunion this morning. I don't know why I slept so long. I'll be turning in soon. Anyway, I've made a few updates to the timeline, a first for me. I also want to suggest making it current, so we don't have the end of 2007 and all of 2008 on there. But that's just my vote. I won't force the issue, and if we want to keep it the way it is, that's fine. I think it's a cool project anyway. See if you can find my changes (a few hints: 1973, 1999, 2005).

I also posted a new movie to my youtube page: www.youtube.com/ericpalmer

Like I mentioned above, this morning we attended a reunion for the families of babies who stayed at the CHOC NICU (Children's Hospital of Orange County Newborn Intensive Care Unit). We saw a couple of Stevie's nurses, and had a lot of fun visiting with the other parents and watching Stevie work the crowd. He sure is a social baby.

I'm enjoying my new job more and more as I take on more responsibilities. It's good to be busy.

Laurel is showing a little more now, and everyone who didn't already know at church figured it out last Sunday. She's doing a good job of not doing too much, though she did put up new curtains this week.

Stevie gets into everything. And he's a beautiful baby.

One other bit of news. Laurel and I are alumni ambassadors for the Ricks College/BYU Idaho Alumni Association. We attended a dinner Thursday night with Kim Clark, the new president of BYUI. He was very inspiring and gracious, in spite of being very tired from travelling across the country. (He'd been in Baltimore that morning.) There's a lot of exciting things happening at BYUI. Let me know if you'd like to know more. But it's awesome.

I love you all. I've really enjoyed reading everyones' updates. I love being part of this family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also want to suggest making it current, so we don't have the end of 2007 and all of 2008 on there. But that's just my vote.

I prefer it like it is - with the next year and a half filled in - for two reasons. One, we can see what's coming up, like Brooke's 8th birthday in December, or graduations... (I know everyone is out of high school now, but some folks could put upcoming college graduations in there...)

Second reason is that we'll get lazy and not always update it in a timely manner. Search your feelings, you know it to be true...

Frank and Evelyn said...

I think we should at least have the timeline through the end of the current year. That way we can see birthdays and such that are coming up. It's really easy to add an event in the middle of the year. It doesn't bother me that the next year is up but I don't think we should extend it any further than that.