Monday, January 07, 2008

What I learned today

I'll write later about what I learned in 2007 and I am working on getting some things ready to update my page and the timeline but I wanted to tell you about today's adventure.

Dad and I took Clarissa to the airport this morning. We left just before 4:00 and drove both cars to Newberg. That way Dad could leave the van there. As we were driving in I noticed that the roads were a little icy so I took my time. By Newberg the roads were fine and we had no problem getting to the airport and back.

The roads got more icy as I headed home from Newberg. At the 18/99 junction there was an accident and after getting through there I drove fairly slow the rest of the way. Then I saw brake lights in front of me again and stepped on my brakes. My car made a left turn and I was heading across the road into a truck. I had no control and I yelled "help." The car stopped. The truck and some other cars went by in front of me. Since there was no one in my lane I backed up, put on my emergency blinkers and drove the rest of the way home at 20 mph. When I got to the turn onto Madison there was no traffic so I didn't need to stop. When I got home I was shaking a bit and was very relieved to get the call that school was delayed for two hours. Mostly I felt loved and protected by a very loving Father in Heaven. I guess I still have work to do here because I didn't stop that car.

Just thought you'd want to know. Drive carefully and remember that I love you all.

MOM

No comments: