Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

My most significant memory of President Hinckley is that I was in the Tabernacle at the Relief Society session of the fall 1995 General Conference when he introduced the Proclamation on the Family. I've been in General Conference sessions 4 other times (fall 2001, spring 2002, 2 sessions in fall 2002) and heard President Hinckley speak 3 of those 4 times. Right now, even though it's 11 pm, I want to read through my Conference Notes journals and review all the things I wrote down from his talks.

I think I will call my temple babysitting swap buddy to arrange times when we can both go to the temple this week as a tribute to President Hinckley. The talk notes I'm looking at right now are from Saturday morning session, October 2002 - President Hinckley talked about the Nauvoo Temple dedication which had recently taken place, and he said that temples were constructed to be used - going to the temple shows respect to the Father. So we should utilize them - advance the Lord's work, make covenants, learn truths, seal families, and extend blessings to our ancestors.

No comments: