Thursday, January 31, 2008

The 12

I found this on LDS Living and thought I'd pass it on. There was some confusion, I think, about Trina's comments about President Hinckley. I think this is what she was trying to say. Yes we will miss him but we shouldn't be too sad because he must be very happy. It certainly helps to understand the plan and know that death is not the end.

Love ya,
MOM

The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:
“Members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles express our heartfelt love and admiration for President Gordon B. Hinckley and the singular life of service he lived. He was our prophet, our leader, our brother and our friend. We feel a deep, personal loss at his passing. He unfailingly demonstrated his devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ, whose witness he was at home and abroad.

“We will miss his wit and his wisdom, his leadership and his love. However, we cannot but rejoice in his reunion with his beloved Marjorie, with his parents and other family members who have gone before, and with the prophets of God, both ancient and modern, among whose eternal ranks he now stands. As the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles we echo the voice of the Master, ‘Well done, thou good and faithful servant. … Enter into the joy of thy Lord.’ ”


LDS Newsroom

6 comments:

treen said...

Huh? What confusion? What are you talking about?

Frank and Evelyn said...

I got the feeling that some people didn't quite understand what you meant. I thought this expressed it more clearly.

treen said...

You got the feeling from where? No one said anything.

Skippy said...

It was me Trina. There... now I've said something.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Sorry I didn't mean to get anyone upset. I thought this was a beautiful tribute. Maybe I should have just said that.

treen said...

I'm not upset. I just didn't know what you were talking about. Nathan didn't say anything on the blog that I could find - he must have said it in person.