Monday, January 28, 2008

Hinckley Video

For those of you who would like to watch an hour long video about President Hinckley's life, it can be found on ksl.com. (That would be a Utah news station.) I watched it earlier today. It is really good.

I will miss President Hinckley. I saw him several times at building dedication's while at Ricks and then in conference the times that I have gone. I was at a fireside last night. At the end of the fireside a member of our bishopric came in and then announced to us that President Hinckley had passed away. It was a bit of a shock. We all just sat there for a minute. Then my friend asked me to play a hymn. We sang the hymn that President Hinckley wrote the words for and then we sang "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet." After that I had to go visiting teaching and was the one to break the news to my visiting teachee. She was very cute and said, "He'll be so happy to be with his wife!" We all know that that one has got to be true.

Anyway, If you want to keep updated on the latest ksl.com or lds.org would be the places to look.

1 comment:

treen said...

I watched the video - it was really nice. I noticed at the beginning of the film, the background music was "O My Father." I really liked that.

I had the same thought as your friend, Tawnia - that it's wonderful that he's with his wife again. About a year or more ago, during a prayer circle in the temple, the officiator prayed for President Hinckley's health and strength. The thought that went through my head was, "It's our prayers that are keeping him here. Let him go be with his wife already!!" Ever since then, I became almost irritated when people prayed for President Hinckley's health, and I'd think the same thing - "Let him go be with his wife!!" I'm glad he is now.