Friday, February 02, 2007

a new topic for discussion (kinda)

Okay. So I'm a little behind. I read Emily's post on the Sister's Blog today. (Why is it called the "Sister's Blog" if everyone reads it?) It stirred the pot in my head and a question popped out. How/what does everyone feel/think about the pervasive use of the Internet and/or privacy concerns about the Internet(s if you're George Bush.) ? It seems that we have Luddite in one corner and the technogeeks in the other. So what's up?

Adam

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

For those of you, who like me, had never heard of Luddites, I looked it up online. Here's the definition. "The noun Luddite specifically refers to one of a group of early 19th century English workmen who were campaigning against the automation of the power loom. Under cover of night and generally masked, the workers often destroyed the equipment that had displaced them. Today the word broadly refers to anyone who is opposed to technological change or new working methods. The name Luddite is presumed to come from the leader of these angry workmen: Ned Ludd."

My feelings - If you want to keep it private don't put it online. As for our little website, I doubt that it has a whole lot of visitors outside of our family but if it does, I don't have anything to hide, and if I did I wouldn't put it here.