Sunday, February 25, 2007

Adam's big week and some other stuff

Adam had a big week this week. He had an interview for a summer internship at the Department of Defense, working with 2 military attorneys assigned to defend some of the detainees currently being held at Guantanamo Bay (also called Gitmo). Adam was offered the position on the spot. He's very excited about it - he will do some travel, definitely to Gitmo and possibly to Europe. He will get a security clearance and be allowed to work with sensitive military information. The Colonel already told him that they have a lot of work for him the minute he walks in the door ... which isn't until May 14. They also want him to continue part time through the next school year when they actually go to trial. The only catch is, he does NOT get paid. All this work - no money. I'm not particularly excited about that, but a paid position after your first year of law school is darn near impossible. So whatever. But he's going to do it for credit, so we can get financial aid.

Adam also competed in a moot court trial yesterday, and made the school's team (the easiest way to explain it is it's a version of debate in law school). He's also very excited about this, because of all of the things he's been recommended to have on his resume for after graduation, this is one of the top two.

Mom, we'd be happy to "put some movies online" of Summer ... if we HAD any. Did you not remember that we don't have a camcorder? And since Adam isn't getting paid this summer, we won't be getting one any time soon either. Our digital camera does have a video feature, but there's no sound card. And you can't have a video of a baby with no sound - it just wouldn't work. Tawnia took some video of Summer while she was here last week so hopefully that will appease the masses for awhile.

What was our wedding day like ... huh. I'll bet you could all tell me better than I could. I remember it through a haze. Adam remembers next to nothing. The only parts both of us remember clearly are not for public consumption (and quite honestly, more comical than anything). I remember being very, very scatter-brained. I couldn't settle on anything or do anything - I would stand there and look at things, and not know what to do with them. Like lunch. I was hungry, but I just stood there looking at all the food. (Note to self for the next family wedding: dish up a plate of food, physically put the bride in a chair, and hand her the plate. Feed it to her myself until she remembers how to use a fork. Repeat with the groom. ... You think I'm kidding! But I'm not!) I remember other people being agitated and rushing around, but I couldn't figure out why. I'm okay with not remembering very much, because while the ceremony is the most important ordinance, it's just ONE DAY. It's the rest of your life that makes that one day count or not.

P.S. Adam just came in - he remembers having a very goofy grin on his face for most of the day.

No comments: