Monday, December 04, 2006

Over the weekend

On Friday, right after I got out of class, my roommate and I went out for ice cream. It was to celebrate the end of November and National Novel Writing Month. I'd finished my book (by writing 10,000 words on Thursday) and she was halfway done. So we got a really big sundae. It was good. Then we went to the flute concert.

On Saturday night, I went to Black Friars. It's a theater in Stauton that looks like an original Shakespeare theater. So we were sitting alongside the stage (some people sit on the stage) and the lights are kept on throughout the performance, and people are allowed to eat and drink in the theater (if they purchase food in the lobby). My roommate is in the Shakespeare class, so she invited me along. We saw "The Tempest."

Then on Sunday, there was church, and I talked to the bishop. (I need to set up an appointment with the stake president.) And in the evening, we went to the Christmas devotional. Did you all see that? After the devotional, a group of us got together, and we went caroling. We walked around town and we sang at different houses. It was fun, but it was cold. It's one of those cold and clear days now.

I have less than a week of classes to go. There are no classes on Friday; that's a reading day. And then there are finals. And then I fly back to Oregon.

No comments: