Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Hi Family!

It's the night before Christmas. Laurel is wrapping a few presents we bought last night for Gary's family.

Last weekend we had a ward Christmas party and I played Frosty the Snowman. It was a scary costume, but I think I made it work.

Friday night we went to dinner with Speedy's family. Jody, James and Jacob were there with their families. Back at the house, Stevie had a great time with the kids. Jamie and Jake both have boys Stevie's age. Laurel wasn't going to go but changed her mind at the last minute. I'm glad she came along.

Laurel has been very morning sick these days. It's been tough on all of us, but mostly her.

Stevie decided to get up and walk today. We knew he was close, but he doesn't respond well to our goading him. I was dozing off on the couch and saw him take a few steps, fall, and then get up and take a few more steps. I jumped off the couch and woke up Laurel who was napping in the bed. Later, while Laurel was making us hide in his room while she wrapped presents, Stevie walked most of the way across his room. Even later, while we were reading the Christmas story and singing Christmas songs, Stevie walked from his toybox to the futon a few times. It's exciting times. I'm trying to capture it on video, so stay tuned.

I hope you like the presents we sent. Laurel spent a lot of her precious energy putting them together. We love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I'm sure we'll all be talking to each other during the day tomorrow.

Love,
Eric

No comments: