Sunday, December 17, 2006

I am here

Hello, family.

Well, I made it to Oregon without any difficulties. I got to the airport early, and I passed the time by talking with some people from SVU who were also flying out. Then we got on a little plane and flew to Atlanta. That airport is unbelievably huge. I don't think I appreciated the size of it last time, but that was in the middle of the night. This was in the middle of the day. I grabbed a bite at a food court and then headed to my gate. This plane was really big -- the biggest I've been on. There were probably close to 300 people on that plane. It was a long flight to Portland. Usually, I couldn't see much out the window but a layer of gray clouds, but it finally cleared up over Wyoming. I saw the Tetons and Jackson Hole from the plane, and when we were coming in for a landing, I had my face plastered to the window. I had a great view of Mount Hood -- ah, it's so nice to see a real mountain again. And the lights were beautiful. Have you ever seen Christmas lights from the air?

Well, I'm here now. I'll be going to church with Mom and Dad and Clarissa, and then tomorrow I'll go Christmas shopping.

No comments: