Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Well, well, well

It seems that Trina and Tawnia got things rolling on here. Tawnia with her request and Trina with her political updates. Thank you so much for mentioning the passport issue. I had heard about it but somehow I didn't think about needing a passport so soon. We'll get right on that. Another nice big unplanned but necessary expense. It's very important that we are able to go to Mindy if there is ever an emergency. So, even if Dad and I don't make it up there in August, we still need our passports ASAP.

As far as voting Democrat I'll have to give that one lots of thought and prayer, but I would like to hear the ins and outs of the Social Security thing. It's very confusing to me, because I've only heard bits and pieces. You can all email me with your thoughts and opinions as I try to figure out my own.

Now to your question, Tawnia, I don't remember anything specifically from my 4th grade year. It was way too long ago. I don't even remember what books I read. The only book I recall from grade school is "Island of the Blue Dolphins". I don't even remember the story, mainly just the title. Of course, I read lots of books with you kids. You have to do something on Laura Ingalls Wilder and all her wonderful books, especially Little House in the Big Woods and Farmer Boy. A. A. Milne wrote for younger kids but I think even some 4th graders would love reading Winnie the Pooh because of the way he puts things in his stories. The Hobbit is a pretty good story for kids but Tolkein's other books are way too much.

It's late and I need to get to bed but I wanted to take a few minutes to put in my two cents.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: