Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Fourth Grade

I remember during fourth grade we had a project where the class was divided into wagon companies and we would follow the Oregon Trail. We would read about what we would see on the trail and describe all the problems that would be encountered along the way and how we might respond. It was really fun. When I was younger, that was my favorite point in history. I don't know if your school would do the same thing, Tawnia, or if you would follow the Mormon Trail since you're in Utah. But that was one of my favorite things.

I also really enjoyed the field trips, and we went on the most in fourth and fifth grade, including the overnight trip to Bend. That was really exciting, especially since I had never been to eastern Oregon before then -- that I could remember anyway. We must have been preparing for it for over a month.

Favorite book and song? I didn't really have a favorite. I did read the Little House books a lot. I liked the American Girl series (especially when we got Eric to read them to us and he would make up funny voices).

Emily

No comments: