Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Siblings

Ah siblings---

Isn't it wonderful? With the technology of today, it makes no difference that we are miles apart on seperate ends of the country... we can still have an argument. =) I think it's rather funny. As per Eric's post awhile back... politics are one of those issues where we may not agree, so keeping our opinions to ourselves may be the best policy for this site. Though it is nice to have an opinion and it is good to be an informed voter. It might be best to state: I have an opinion on this topic, if you want to hear it come talk to me because I feel rather strongly about this. Then people can come to you and you can talk their ears off. Also it is nice for those of us who try to stay on the outside fringe of politics to know WHICH topics to be concerned with. Is it something that will honestly effect me, or is it just the latest fad topic of political debate? So, that said... I'm not trying to criticize anyone, just trying to defuse a situation before it gets any bigger.

Anyway, Adam it was great to see you posting... and two times in a row! WOW! (I think I've only done that over on the BBC.) I'm glad to hear that Trina can cook... this was a source of concern for her back when we were growing up... well, I just remember her always saying that she "couldn't cook." (Maybe it was just an excuse to get out of having to cook for 10 people... I don't blame her if that's what it was!) Anyway, Trina did you use Mom's strawberry freezer jam recipe? Mom-is that recipe on the site, if not it should be! That's the bestest jam ever and I would LOVE to make some for myself sometime. The problem at the moment would be having a place to put it once it's made. (One freezer for five people doesn't leave a lot of space for storing food.)

It is actually a beautiful day here today, though I hear it's going to be rainy for the weekend... again. I guess it's good that I'm enjoying it today. I've been busy at work, which makes me feel useful, and being useful makes me feel happy. Also, I am full of ideas for this next school year, so I'm very excited about that.

Speaking of next school year, I have a request, one I've already given on the BBC Blog, but would like to extend to all of you, because the more resources I can get the better.... here's the deal. I'm looking forward to a summer of writing lesson plans and preparing, preparing, preparing, for next year. So... here are some questions for everyone, you can help me in getting prepared for next year. First of all what is your favorite memory of elementary school? What can you remember about fourth grade? What was your favorite book growing up? What was your favorite song?

One thing I'm planning to do in my class is have an author of the week. We'll learn a little about that author and maybe even read a section of one or two of his/her books. Any suggestions for authors would be appreciated.

I'm all about getting ideas from people for next year, so feel free to bombard me with: your favorite book report, information about whatever you like in history or science (good websites would be nice) I know that in history I'll cover: Utah history, Medieval times, Africa, China, Japan, Geography, The American Revolution, U.S. Government ... and more. In Science we'll cover: the water cycle, weather, rocks and soil, fossils, Utah's enviroments, Body Systems (circulatory, respiratory), and more.

Mindy has already offered me Jason's services on learning about Japan. And Trina has offered to help me prep for U.S. Government, and The American Revolution.... but that doesn't mean you can't contribute to their information as well.

So hopefully that's enough conversation starters (and finishers) for everyone....

Love,
Tawnia

No comments: