Monday, July 17, 2006

we're home

We made it back to DC all safe and sound - Summer did fine on the plane rides again, and didn't throw up this time when we got home. We were able to have her carseat in the seat with us the whole time because the flights weren't full. We got home just before 9 last night - had dinner and Summer got her bath, and then we went to bed. And she didn't go to sleep until after midnight ... I figured her sleep schedule would be all thrown off and she'd be up all night - I hope this resolves itself quickly. She's going to an 8:00 bedtime starting tonight.

Tomorrow I go back to work ... I have some mixed feelings about it because I do like my job and I feel a sort of obligation to stick it out as long as possible because they've treated me very well. But I suspect that as soon as I have to leave Summer for a good chunk of the day, I'll be more than ready to quit. I have 33 days of work between tomorrow and Aug. 31.

Edited at 5 pm for this addition: Summer's 2-month doctor appointment was this morning. She now weighs 12/2 and is 24 inches, so she's in the 75th percentile for her size. She was of course not happy about getting her shots. Before the nurse stuck her, she asked if I'd be okay. Summer has been sleeping most of the afternoon - it's difficult to put her down because she's being very clingy even in her sleep (and really - can you blame her), but I've managed it for the moment.

No comments: