Saturday, July 01, 2006

Report from DC

Dad and I have been enjoying our adventures here in the DC area. We've been here for one week now. I told you about our first day of touring. The Archives is still closed and may be for the rest of the time we're here but we've seen lots of other things. We went to the zoo with Trina and Summer on Tuesday and managed to avoid most of the downpours. Since then the weather has been much nicer. On Wednesday we went on a tour of the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. We had our White House Tour that day, too, but due to an unfortunate glitch, Dad missed the tour so I went by myself. We also saw the holocaust museum. On Thursday Trina joined us for our VIP tour of the Capitol building - just the three of us with our own guide. Afterward Adam joined us for lunch in the Senate Dining Room, which you can only do by special invitation. Then Dad and I toured the Library of Congress and then went to the Kennedy Center for a concert by the National Symphony Orchestra. That was a very busy day. Yesterday we went to Arlington National Cemetery and then we all drove down to Charlottesville where we spent the night. Todsy we toured the various sites around there - Monticello, Michie's Tavern and Ash-Lawn (Monroe's home). It was all very interesting. Now we're back at Trina's and ready to crash for the night. We're having a wonderful time and I'll put a whole write up on my Travel Page when I get home.

In other news, Nathan called us last night to let us know that he wasn't quite home yet. Their flight stopped in Dallas and he got sick as they got off the plane. They ended up staying in Dallas and will get home tomorrow. He's fine, now, but when he called I was a bit worried about him.

My legs are doing much better and I've been able to do the walking without too much difficulty. A little slower than usual sometimes, but I'm getting along.

I hope everyone else is healthy and strong and as excited about the reunion as we are. See you next Saturday.

Love always,
MOM

No comments: