Thursday, July 27, 2006

the past few days

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, either on the blog or by phone. I heard from just about everyone. I was very happy to get sung happy birthday four times on my phone, because that's the only place I heard it (the song, not the words "Happy Birthday"). But I had a nice breakfast out with some friends, and it was a good start to the day. I went to work for a majority of the day, but one of the girls bought me a little cake, and I ate that for dessert during my break. Afterwards I got to go to tap class for the first time in a month. Turns out they changed the time it started, so we showed up at the end, instead of the beginning, but Charlee stayed the extra hour so we could have our class. We learned a ton, so I had an excellent time. Around 11 o'clock, we went out to the parking lot and set off a few extra firecrackers from the 4th, and danced around with sparklers.

Yesterday, because I didn't have to work until three, Tawnia and I started to look around for furniture for our new apartment (that we will hopefully move into next weekend). We didn't find a whole lot at WalMart, but she did buy me one of those collapsable butterfly chairs for my birthday (and after sitting in it a while will probably get one herself). While I'm at work today, she's going in to find out about some six foot Monster Sacks (aka giant beanbags) that we might use as our couch.

I got a phone call from the principal at Reagan Academy. He told me that I'm not going to be working with the same teacher this next year, or even stay in the same grade. I was a bit shocked by the news, and although he assured me that it was because of anything I did, and it was just because they thought I would do well with the new teacher, I was still sad to move up. I'm moving up to the sixth grade. I sat and cried for a few minutes, because I was so surprised, and because I'm really really going to miss working with all the cute first graders. But I just might like sixth grade, and I could probably use the challenge.

No comments: