Thursday, July 01, 2004

Fourth of July

Well, I was just thinking and realized I haven't spent fourth of July with the fam since the summer right after my freshman year in college. Last year I would have been home but Trina decided to drag me off to Utah, of course that was fun too, even though I'm not in touch with ANY of the people that we met there. In other years I've been in Logan or Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks. I think my favorite spot to see the fireworks (so far) was in IF. We sat in front of the temple and watched them go off over the river. And then we walked around (we being a bunch of my college friends) waiting for the traffic to clear out and then drove all the way back to Logan. Man those were great times.

My only memories from being a kid was watching fireworks at the middle school. I can remember sitting on the grass and then what I really remember, is the drive home with TONS of traffic strung from Mac all the way THROUGH Lafayette... but only in that one direction.

I remember the fourth of July I spent in Germany... we went to Lubeck and I bought a tape for Mom, for her birthday.

And then there was the summer when I was working at McDonald's with Trina. We stepped outside and got to see a few of the fireworks go off, because the place was dead at that point.

So you see, I have lots of fourth of July memories. I think my favorite part of the holiday though, is just being with people that you love.

-Tawnia

No comments: