Sunday, July 11, 2004

We're here in Calgary

We arrived here at Mindy's yesterday about 5:30 or so. We had a good trip over here. We left home at 5:30 on Friday morning and drove north. We stopped and picked up Emily's journal and then continued on to Bellingham. I showed everyone my old haunts and took pictures of where I think the house was. They've completely changed the area where I lived as a child. There is a housing tract on part of the property and the rest is still in woods with a trail going through it. I'd like to go there with my brothers some time so they can help me verify that my memory of the placement of things is correct. We also went to the lake and to Whatcom Falls where Eric and Jared slid down the "waterslide" 16 years ago. We stopped at my grade school and saw our first wildlife, deer, wandering around the town.

From there we continued north crossing the border at Sumas and stopping for the night in Kamloops. Then we turned east and enjoyed the sites of the Canadian Rockies. We didn't stop much because we wanted to get here to Mindy's. We're going to take her back into the mountains to camp for a few days this next week. Jason has to work but he'll be going with us to Cardston on Saturday. We'll go to the temple and then to meet his dad. Next week we hope to find where my dad was born, near Rimbey, before heading for home. We'll celebrate Mindy's birthday on Tuesday the 20th and give her the presents, then. Is that OK Nathan and Amanda? I'll probably write again when we get back from Banff and the other parks we're visiting.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: