Sunday, July 25, 2004

Bears

Hello, Palmer people.  This is Emily.

I thought I would tell you about the trip home.  We saw black bears in Waterton.  Yes, we saw bears in the wild!  The first ones we saw were way off on a hill, but we could still see them.  It was a mother with two cubs, and then another mother with cubs a couple miles on down the road.  But then when we were pulling up to a parking lot, there was a black bear just wandering through the bushes, about seven feet away from the road.  Clarissa was freaking out, and Mom was trying to get a picture.  I was too excited to be really afraid.  I would have been more nervous if we saw it on the trail, like some people had half an hour earlier.  Then there was another bear beside the road when we were leaving the park the next morning, so all together, we saw eight of them.  So if you're looking for bears, I'd recommend that park since it was the only place we saw any and there were quite a few.

The other excitement took place the next day in Glacier.  We drove up the steep mountain road, which Mom still remembers from forty-five years ago.  Anyway, we had opened the back door of the van, and it swung out and smacked me in the knee.  I have a bruise there and moving it is painful.  It was worse on Friday, but it's feeling a bit better now.

Love ya,
Emily

No comments: