Friday, July 02, 2004

A few of the many

Tawnia mentioned that I have LOTS of 4th of July memories to choose from. How very kind of her. I remember when I was 12 and I got a tiny cedar jewelry box. I felt very grown-up. It wasn't a toy, it was a treasure. I also remember one year, when we were living in California and we went to see my mom in the hospital. I told her how sorry I was that she had to be there for the holiday. She said, rather accusingly, "It's not the FIRST 4th of July I've spent in the hospital!" I've seen fireworks from the beach in California, a park in Utah, over the Mississippi River in LaCrosse. I love celebrating our nation's birthday and am proud to share it.

Have a happy one.

Love ya,
MOM

P.S. We now have most of Nate and Amanda's pictures back. I'll try to get both weddings scanned during the next week. Too much to do today, the open house is tomorrow.

No comments: