Thursday, July 01, 2004

yummmmmm

We should all definitely do SOMETHING specific for Canada Day, since two of our ever-growing number are Canadians. Making milkshakes - works for me! And the blender has been unpacked ...

The thing I remember most from when we were younger was going to Silver Creek for the 4th. But my most memorable July 4th was, by far, the one on my mission with Aussie Sista Fiu, who you would have thought had never seen fireworks. We were in Hanford, and they do put on a good show. Helen was hilarious with her Oooo's and Aahhhh's and we all got caught up in it. (Yes, we had permission to stay out past curfew.)

I'm definitely looking forward to celebrating Independence Day here in our nation's capitol - this is most definitely going to surpass Helen and Hanford. I don't care if there are a BILLION people here - I want to spend the evening on the Mall and watch fireworks from the steps of the Lincoln or Jefferson Memorial.

Love, Trina

No comments: