Friday, July 16, 2004

The Canadian Rockies are Beautiful

Jared and Michelle, I didn't have time to write until now but I want you to know how thrilled we are with the news you posted.  Our prayers have certainly been answered.   I thought about you a lot and was going to call the day we got your news. 
 
As for what we've been up to - We had a great time hiking in the mountains the last few days.  We had a nice campsite at Lake Louise, which is centrally located for visiting all the parks.  That way we didn't have to keep setting up camp and tearing it down again.  We'll post some pictures as soon as we get them processed.  Tomorrow we're going to Cardston.  That is the temple where I was sealed to my parents 45 years ago this month.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.  I'm accomplishing some of the goals from my top 100 list.  It feels really good. 
 
Jason said that we've gotten a few phone calls from some of our kids.  So sorry we've missed you.  If you really need to get hold of us PLEASE put it in email or on the Blog.  We'll be back here late tomorrow because we're going to meet Jason's dad after we go to the temple and it's about a 3 hour drive from Cardston and another 1 1/2  hours back to Calgary.  We will be here all day Sunday, but I don't want to make too many long distance calls on Mindy's phone.  Maybe we can get some time put on our calling card so we can call.  It's roaming on our cell phones.   We'll definitely call everyone next weekend when we get home.
 
I'm very tired and I have another busy day tomorrow, so I'm going to bed now.  I'll check back here in the morning to see if there's any news.
 
Love ya,
MOM

No comments: