Monday, July 05, 2004

Yesterday

In church yesterday I was reminded of one of my favorite 4th of July memories. That was the flag raising and breakfast put on by the Cub Scouts every year in Dayton. Yesterday, instead of having Sunday School or Relief Society, we had a flag raising ceremony and then we had our usual break-the-fast potluck. The talks and everything were great but it brought back so many memories of sitting in the sun and watching and listening to our boys. I especially remember one where Eric gave an incredible talk and I wish we'd caught it on video because he didn't have it written out and I wanted a copy of it. Those breakfasts were always excellent and lots of fun for everyone.

Everyone made my birthday special for me. Nathan, Amanda and Tawnia went to church with me. The kids here at home fixed dad and I a special candlelight dinner. Emily gave me a massage while the others were prepping it. Clarissa was in charge of the meal (fettucini alfredo with chicken and broccoli) Tawnia put together some entertainment, including some old tapes and videos, (so you could all participate) juggling by Nathan and all of them singing. Then we played some games, Pit and Swap and watched the "Capitol 4th" on TV (broadcast live? at 9p.m. Pacific time) We had fun watching Nate and Amanda light off all their fireworks. They had a nice little show for us. Frank got me a book on pampering myself and all the kids signed it. I got to talk to each of my children and grandchildren, which is always very special.

It's also great to think, that I will have the privilege of seeing all of you within a month of each other. We are leaving Friday for Canada and plan to be in Calgary by Saturday night. We'll be home on the 24th or 25th.

I'd better get busy scanning some pictures, I know everyone wants to see more of them and I've only got a couple more days. I'll do my best.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: