Monday, July 26, 2004

Our Weird Weekend

Saturday, Laurel and I went to the Orange County Fair and had a great time. We wore ourselves out walking all over, looking at everything that was there. At night we went to the Weird Al concert. It was a lot of fun. I’d never seen him live before and let me tell you—he is quite the showman. The show was over two hours of great comedy. Music, video clips, special effects, costumes. We laughed ‘til we cried.

What else… on Friday we played Phase 10 and watched movies with our friends the Skafs. Great folks. And then yesterday we sang in church. Laurel had a duet (soprano) on the first verse of “With Faith in Every Footstep”. Then at home we ate and our hometeacher came over and gave us Angels tickets for Tuesday night. Against the Texas Rangers, the team in Dallas. I talked to Jared on the phone, tried to take a nap (it was too hot), and then Mindy called back and talked to Laurel, and then I got to wish her a happy birthday too. Then it was getting late in the day and we went to Rachel and Loren’s and drove around with the kids in their new SUV. The kids were going crazy in the back with Laurel egging them on. It was really funny, and just a little annoying by the end. And then after I did my homework and we were about to go to sleep, our friend Ben and his girlfriend Katie called. Then they conferenced in a bunch of our other friends (Ryan, Heather, Sam, Emily) and we had about eight of us on the line at the same time. It was very funny, but it was a little too much fun and we stayed up too late… ah well.

School is almost out, I have all kinds of projects and tests to wrap up about now. Tonight I’m going to have to do a bunch of homework, and I have a bunch more to do during the next couple of weeks, but then I’m done for a few weeks before we’re off and running again. This program is great, but it is certainly fast-paced.

And Laurel was excited to get back to her art after the weekend. She got a lot done last week, and now has a half dozen canvases in the hall, in varying stages of work. I guess when she does oils she has to wait for one layer to dry a little before going on to the next.

And that’s all for now. Sorry for rambling so much. I was just excited about all the stuff we did this weekend. I hope everyone is happy and well. Keep having a great summer!

Love, Eric and Laurel

No comments: