Monday, October 16, 2006

Mindy's report

Tawnia and I found out on Saturday, and started to makes plans right away. We went to work on Monday, and talked to the principal, and got bereavement leave. (I'm not sure if I actually get paid for the days I missed, but at least Tawnia does.) We took of Tuesday and Wednesday (and today, Monday), and there wasn't school on Thursday and Friday anyway. As soon as our internet got hooked up, and I turned in a few homework assignments, we headed to Las Vegas, where we stayed with Jenny. The next morning we drove the last four hours, and spent the day with Aunt Cheryl. On Thursday we headed over to Eric and Laurel's, and met up with the rest of the family. Friday I went to Disneyland with Tawnia, Eric, Laurel, and Sarah. We had a lot of fun, and rode our favorite rides multiple times (like Space Mountain three times). It was nice to spend some time with Sarah too. Saturday morning was the funeral. It was short and simple, but it was very nice to be there. Afterwards we spent the rest of the day at Uncle Gary's house, eating and talking. He made a small fire in the driveway (in a little grill type thing) and we roasted marshmallows and he and Dad talked about all their fire stories from when they were younger. We went to sacrament meeting the next morning with Eric and Laurel, and then Tawnia and I headed back east to California. It would have been an even nine hours, but about 30 minutes away from Springville, we hit HORRIBLE traffic - all because we were narrowed down to one lane for TEN miles, and there was NOTHING going on on the other side of them. It took us an hour and a half to go those 14 miles. It was absolutely STUPID. We were very annoyed, especially since we were that close. But we finally made it home, and I immediately went to bed. This morning, since we have today off too, I'm going to focus on getting as much of my homework done as I can, especially since I'm a little behind with my Woman's Studies class, and because I really don't like to do homework on the weekends.

No comments: