Sunday, October 22, 2006

Las Vegas

This weekend I went to Las Vegas for my friends wedding. Lisa and Jason got sealed on Friday, so my friend (Kim) and I went down Thursday night and stayed with Jen and Ben. The sealing was at 1 o'clock and afterwards we hung around for the luncheon. We ate Persian food. It was interesting. I had humus and salmon for the first time. Some of the stuff tasted nasty, but most of it wasn't too bad. The salmon was actually pretty decent. After the luncheon we were driving back to Jen's (and getting lost) when Lisa called and asked us if we wanted tickets to The Beach Boy concert that night. They were given the tickets as a gift and didn't want to use them... but figured that they should be used by someone. We said, sure! So when we made it back to Jen's we changed and then headed down to the Luxor. (The Luxor is the big black pyramid shaped hotel on the strip.) After figuring out parking (we thought that it would cost at the Luxor and were stuck in traffic further down the strip when we found out it's free at the Luxor.) we went inside and found our seats... seventh row in the center. It was an amazingly good concert. Only two of the original beach boys were there, but the music was still good. I thought it was interesting how many of the songs I actually knew. After the concert we walked down the strip to M&M World. It is a four story store... with ONLY M&M stuff. Pretty cool.

Saturday we slept in and then hung out with Jen, Kara, and Benji. We went to the Ethel M. Chocolate factory and then bought Pizza for dinner. At 7 p.m. was the reception. It was really nice and there was tons of good food. Kim caught the bouquet. Lisa sang a song for Jason, and danced with her daddy to a very sweet song.

This morning we got up early and drove back to Utah. We planned on getting to Springville on time to attend my sacrament meeting, but we didn't make it... so I'm rebelling and not going to the last hour of church where Mindy is. She doesn't know that I'm back.

So there was my weekend. Now I'm planning on staying in town until at least Thanksgiving... or maybe Christmas. (It all depends on the road conditions during Thanksgiving.)

I hope that everyone else is doing well and that Jared is able to get compensated for his plane ticket. I've been telling tons of people the story so that Delta can be avoided.

Love,
Tawnia

No comments: