Sunday, October 15, 2006

the Caudle weekly report

Hello all - we're glad that most everyone was able to get to California for Grandma's funeral. I wish I could have been there also. How did everything go?

Summer is doing better on sitting up on her own. She still can't do it, but her balance is getting better and she can stay upright for a few seconds before tipping over. She's doing well with playing in her exersaucer - she has figured out about getting the walker seat to go around the outside of the table, and is getting more involved with the toys. She's in the "everything goes straight in her mouth" phase, especially fabric. Go figure.

School for Adam is fine. The pressure is starting to kick in to do well on his assignments to get his grades at the top end of the rankings. He's at the library a lot.

Operation Domestic Goddess seems to revolve around the kitchen. I'm cooking more, and trying to branch out in the cookbooks. Frankly, I'm bored with eating the same stuff all the time, so we're getting more creative. We also went to an orchard up in Maryland yesterday, and picked a huge bag of apples. I told Adam - it's not that I want to can, it's that I don't want to waste the apples and we need applesauce soon anyway for Summer. So this week, I will be canning applesauce. My friend Sarah has a canner and jars and other stuff that I can use. Weirdness. What I remember of canning when we were younger was that it was always so HOT. This won't be too hot - it's only in the 60s this week. I'm sure you're all quite shocked that I'm even thinking about this, let alone planning to do it this week. But stranger things have happened. What those stranger things might be, I can't think of right now because this is pretty strange. But oh well.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Everything will go straight into her mouth until she is at least 3 years old. Yep. I never have done canning. Sounds cool though. I'm at home but I am by no means a domestic goodess. You're a better women than me. As long as no one is bleeding heavily or the place is on fire, I'm good. I don't really like to cook, but ya gotta eat. Jared called on said it was a nice funeral. He said he helped carry the casket and Tawnia sang.