Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday sessions of General Conference

So what do you all think of General Conference so far? I'm enjoying it, and Summer isn't being fussy (just when she's tired or hungry) so I've been able to take notes like usual. We stayed home and watched it on the internet today, and are going to our Bishop's house tomorrow for both sessions with lunch in between. I'm looking over my notes from today and the concepts of service and scripture study have been my little jab in the butt reminders so far. Elder Hales' talk about scripture study is the one I think I will use for visiting teaching in November.

It's good to see people posting again. I know we're all busy, but wow. This was a dead zone for awhile.

Jared, I couldn't get my comment to post on your Christmas traveling string, so I'll stick it here ... Yes, I know it's FOUR TIMES as expensive for your whole family to travel instead of just you. I have a family now too. But you did start the conversation by saying "discussable possibility" for travel this Christmas - it sounded like it might be an option. For the record - you're welcome to visit us here in DC on your own if you want, but it just wouldn't seem right to me without all of your family. So while it will be a long time between visits, I'd rather you save up the money to have everyone come together. And when Adam graduates from school and gets that fat paycheck from a law firm, then we'll be able to travel again.

No comments: