Tuesday, September 05, 2006

mindy at work

After posting a couple weeks back about how crazy and hectic my life is, it has considerably lightened up. I put in my two weeks notice at Macey's that week, and they had enough new hires that I was able to have that Saturday be my last day. No more driving up to Provo, and having to worry about who needed the car. School started the next Tuesday, so I didn't really get a break, but I suddenly had my afternoons free, so it felt like a break. My evenings are still filled up with FHE, tap, institute, and ballet, and then hanging out with people on the weekends. At this point I'm not looking for another second job, but if something fall into my lap then I'll probably have to take it. As it is, my first job is going great. Although I was very hesitant about working with the sixth graders, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. They can do so much more than first graders, they generally have attention spans .. it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'm already rather attached to my class, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the year with them.

To answer Mom's question, I hope that my future children will be determined - to work hard, to be happy, to be close to the spirit, and to help others.

No comments: