Thursday, September 07, 2006

first week at home

People at church this past Sunday kept saying, "So how does it feel to be a stay at home mom?" And really, I had no answer. It was still just the weekend and I hadn't really been off work yet. Now it's Thursday ... I'm thinking "It's Thursday? This week is already mostly gone?" It's felt like a bunch of Saturdays in a row to me so far, and I haven't thought about work at all.

I am getting a lot done but I still have a long way to go. I'm doing a ton of cleaning and organizing, which has been neglected or done only partially since I got pregnant a year ago, not just the last couple of months (even though that's been bad too). I'm also working on my medical transcription - so far about 3 hours per day, which is LOADS better than the 3 or so hours per WEEK that I'd been doing. I've made a serious dent in things this week. I'm finally halfway to the midterm. Good thing it's a self-paced course. That's about it, along with of course taking care of Summer. We got to go to play group this week - some of the other stay-home moms in our ward organized it last spring, and now we can go too! Yay!

No comments: