Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Kitten

Here's the story. Last week, a guy we know (Dave) found a stray kitten outside his house that started following him around. He showed the kitten to his girlfriend (Kinsley) who immediately fell in love with him. She named him Iggi (pronounced like E G). He's a seven-week-old gray and black tabby with four white paws, and he's very playful. Unfortunately, she lives on the fourth floor of Main and so cannot keep the kitten, at least not until she graduates in the spring. And Dave is leaving for his mission to Utah, so he can't keep him.

This is where my roommate Rebecca and I come into the picture.

My landlady said the kitten could stay with us if no one else would take it, and no one would. So now we have a seven-week-old kitten in my room, often chewing on my shoes. He also likes playing with a pom-pom and a ball of yarn. He has to stay upstairs because one of the landlady's dogs hates him.

In other news, classes are keeping me pretty busy, though I did spend some time on Saturday with some friends (since this was Dave's last chance to hang out with us). I spent most of Monday doing reading for my Civil War class, but the teacher said we should have less daily work this next week.

No comments: