Friday, September 22, 2006

Funnies

My kids are hilarious.

One day after having talked about how mountains are formed (you know, plate tectonics, plates pushing together, etc.) I mentioned to the kids that fossils of sea creatures have been found near the top of Mt. Everest. I asked them if they knew how that could be possible. One student repled, "Flying Fish." Another thought that maybe a bird had carried them there.

Yesterday we were talking about common and proper nouns. I had the kids name proper nouns for me. When I got to one student he spread his arms out and said very loudly, "Hallelujah!" I told him that it wasn't even a noun. And he said, "Oh, wasn't there a place called Hallelujah?" He thought about it for awhile and then realized that he had meant Honolulu.

-Tawnia

No comments: