Monday, February 04, 2008

My weekend

Hi, family. This weekend, since I had Saturday off, I went with my roommates to Roanoke. That means spending about three hours in bookstores. I bought two books -- one is for a history class, and the other is "Writers of the Future." Since I plan to enter the contest, I should see what types of stories have won. Right?

We went to President Hinckley's funeral broadcast, though we were a bit late because we had to find the place. Are Mormons the only people who will laugh at funerals? I did like what the presiding bishop Burton (I think) said about the young people. And I was very moved by Elder Eyring's remarks about how he had consecrated his life to the Lord. I cried during the closing hymn.

And during testimony meeting on Sunday, I was the first one up. I spoke of the troubling week. (I think you'll understand why -- not just the death of the prophet but other things as well.) I explained how I was searching the scriptures for comfort, and I found the verse in the 76th section where Joseph Smith bears a powerful testimony. As the song says, "What comfort this sweet sentence gives."

Well, I'd better get going. I have German homework, and I need to finish reading a book by tomorrow.

No comments: