Saturday, February 23, 2008

Clarissa

I just talked to Clarissa's mission president to pass on the message about Mom being in the hospital (no, I did not find the number online - I called the DC mission president, who called the Orlando president, who called me). Mom and Dad had said that they didn't want her to worry, but I would rather she know that something is going on and I think she would rather know as well. The president was very kind about it and said he would call her right away this morning. She doesn't need a surprise like this in her email.

He also told me to please send upbeat letters because Clarissa is struggling right now with being homesick and wondering why she's out there in the first place. Frankly, I'm not surprised. I went through it too when I'd been out about 2 months. I assured him that we have a large family and I know that Clarissa is getting quite a bit of mail, but I'd let everyone know and ask for extra effort with letters. So, everyone! Please make sure to write upbeat letters (and send pictures of the kids) especially in the next few weeks to get Clarissa going. Tawnia's group letter idea is great - maybe everyone could write their note right away and get it to Tawnia over the weekend so she could send it Monday or Tuesday.

No comments: